When you go on a trip you are always worried about getting to your destination as soon as possible. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe by rushing you are missing the most important part of the ride?
In life it is not about the destination, but instead it is about the journey and how you get there. It’s not about getting there as fast as possible or what is there waiting for you. Life’s journey offers each and every one of us a chance to learn not only about life in general but about ourselves personally. We aren’t going to remember our destinations but we will remember the journey. We may not remember every place we have gone but we will remember the eleven hour car ride singing Jason Aldean laughing because we try to harmonize or the beauty passing by as we look out the car windows: trees, mountains, valleys, rivers, horses, birds, clouds with the sun rays shining through. We will remember the times with family and friends, going on adventures, getting lost, and finding small treasures that we will keep forever. We will remember the laughs and the tears, the happiness and the pain, the gains and the losses.
Without our journeys in life we would not be the people we are today. The journeys in life bring good and bad, achievements and mistakes, joy and hurt. All of these shape us into who we are today. Some parts of the journey are tougher than others but we have to stay strong, learn and grow from it, and keep pushing on through the journey of life.
In my journey of life I am currently climbing a mountain. I have fallen to the valley in my journey and am making my way back up to the top. I have learned so much from my stay in the valley. I have learned relationships are built on a foundation of trust and when that trust is broken the relationship is shattered. I have learned no matter how many times I fall I will be strong enough to get back up. I have learned we find out who are true friends are when we go through bad times. I have learned some people only come into our lives to use us and bring us down but we have to be one step ahead of their game. We have to be thankful for the lessons they have taught us and know that the pain they have caused us only makes us stronger and in the end it is their loss, not ours. I have learned I have so many people standing behind me supporting me in any situation in my life. I have learned some people cause us to change who we really are and make us lose sight of our true selves. I have learned the ones we become the closest with are the ones that hurt us the most. I have learned once you love someone you will continue to love them but sometimes it’s in your best interest to let them go. You will love them the rest of your life but you can and will, with time, learn to live without them. I have learned I am a lot stronger than I think I am. I have learned no matter how much you know a person people change. I have learned to look at the positive in every situation. I have learned a negative attitude only brings you down. I have learned how to smile, laugh and cry but most importantly I have learned how to be myself.
So, my dear friend, where are you at in your journey of life? Are you going through a tough time down in the valley or are you at the top of a mountain facing the dangers of life? Are you working your way up a mountain or going down a rocky road? No matter where you are in your journey, remember you are not alone. You have so many people that love and care for you and you are a strong person. You will make it through whatever it is that you’re going through. You will learn and grow from every experience and situation you take on. You will become a better and stronger person with every tear you cry and every laugh you laugh. If you don’t know where to begin, take a small step. Every step you take will give you strength and before you know it you will be moving along in your journey of life. You will find your happiness and reach your destination but take your time. Why rush through the most amazing opportunity we have been given? Everyone’s journey of life is different, are you living yours to the fullest?
No comments:
Post a Comment